Release 0.1.0 and documentation
This first release of the prototype implements the following drafts:
- draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00.txt (Framework)
- draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-04.txt (Basic IVR)
- draft-boulton-conference-control-package-03.txt (Audio Conferencing)
That is, the core framework and an almost complete implementation of two control packages. The release also comes with a couple of additional control package placeholders, mostly designed for testing purposes.
The implementation aims at being modular for what concerns control packages and codecs, by means of a dedicated API: this means that you can extend its functionality yourself by writing your own module. However, this is only a first release, and so its API will probably be subject to changes. Checkout the Doxygen-generated documentation for more details. Future releases, besides updates reflecting the new status of draft documents, will see a modular approach for other components of the framework as well, first of all the control protocol which is currently embedded in the application.
Two files are available for download:
- mediactrl-prototype-0.1.0.tar.gz, the Media Server itself;
- mediactrl-as-testapp-0.1.0.tar.gz, a very simple Application Server stub to test the MS functionality.
Give it a try! Any kind of feedback will be more than welcome.